Thursday, January 28, 2010
vogue editor sally singer shows off the new elastic-band ankle pant. wear them scrunched with booties for a look that is decidedly casual chic.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
1. mary kate or ashley?
2. the same girl as number one or her sister?
answers, please: 1) mary kate 2) ashley 3) ashley 4) mary kate
Monday, January 25, 2010
a postcard of india: that phrase could be used to describe the spring collection from lizzie fortunato jewels. inspired by the craftsmanship, textures and textiles during a recent trip to india, designer elizabeth explains that she had a "grey gardens meets great expectations moment," which resulted in an elaborate grouping that at once represents whimsy and nostalgia. with everything from grown-up versions of our favorite elementary school friendship and i.d. bracelets to the colorful opulent memories necklace ($425, pictured above), we have our spring accessories issues solved. keep clothing simple with flowing, khaki pants and a white tee shirt, and stack mismatched bracelets elbow-deep to channel your inner bollywood star. another variation on the same uniform would be to top it off with a necklace so big and bold it almost wears you. we predict the collection will be a sellout amidst all the casual (and even sports-inspired) clothing we're seeing for spring--get ready to punch it up a notch with some wild accessorizing.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
but here's the best part: if you're serious about trying out for the show, we have the name and contact information of the casting director who said she would love to take personal referrals from us into consideration. call us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you're so fabulous...and good luck!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
1. sarah jessica parker was all smiles when she accepted her golden globe in 2004...who created the slate-grey feathery frock that captured her funky new york "sex & the city" style?2. a delicate dress for such a delicate frame: keira knightley was a vision in white wearing this designer's white column gown in 2006. 3. her 7-year marriage to ryan phillipe ended in 2006, but reese witherspoon showed up at the golden globes in early 2007 wearing this stunning yellow gown by which designer?
4. drew barrymore's fresh look reminded us of the sweet 5 year-old we all fell in love with while wearing this designer's pale pink incarnation of feminism at the 2007 awards.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
paris. "the chief danger about paris," t.s. eliot wrote to a friend, "is that it is such a strong stimulant." paris has long been a haven to writers, artists and lovers of all things cultural. it is a city that offers something for everyone--from the fledgling fashion designer to an aspiring architect. spend no less than five days in this city to immerse yourself in the parisian way of life. while you're sure not to miss the eiffel tower, notre dame, the louvre and paris opera house, also look into the less touristy side of town. instead of going broke at dior and chanel on avenue montaigne, discover emerging talent in the haut-marais--a newer and edgier fashion and design center. you can stay at l'hotel du petit moulin, which sits in the middle of this burgeoning design scene, where the 17 rooms were conceived by christian lacroix and start around 180 euros for the night.
while in paris, don't miss the marche aux puces st-ouen de clignancourt (or paris flea market). showcasing everything from provencal cookware to oriental rugs, baroque mirrors and creepy 19th-century dolls, the experience alone is worth fighting the crowds through the 3,000 open stalls. the flea market opens around 9am, and it is said 80% of the best stuff is sold in the first 30-45 minutes, so get there early with comfortable shoes and get ready to dig for the treasure of your life.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
poole shop is proud to have carried organic over the past three years--we love the depth of patrick's line, which has seen everything from tee shirts to leather shorts. to see how important styling is to organic, click on style.com to view the latest collection (and see that a tee shirt is not merely a tee shirt). we're so excited about our pre-spring shipment that just arrived with this adorable skirt available only at poole shop and barney's. stop in to see it before it's gone, and check out the rest of the collection in person.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
1. stop smoking: katherine heigl. perhaps the real ms. heigl should take a clue from the likable girl-next-door character that made her famous: we're sure dr. izzy stevens would not approve of this nasty habit.
2. get fit: gerard butler. while we admire his devil-may-care attitude about packing on a few extra lb's, we have to admit that we'd rather see the gerard butler from the movie 300 than the 300-pound gerard butler.
6. learn something new: lady gaga. we're a little tired of the costumes and the gimmicks. she may have been the entertainer of 2009, but we'd like to see her a little subdued in 2010.